Sustainable development goals taken in consideration: 4, 5, 13, 14, 15
Unit 7. Earth’s evolution and Biodiversity
1) Why are livings things so diverse?
2) Were there different living things on Earth?
3) Charles Darwin and the Evolution theory
4) Fossils and sedimentary rocks
5) Why did such an amount of species become extinct?
a) The sixth Mass extinction: causes and consequences
6) Earth’s age and geologic time divisions
7) Earth’s transformations through time:
・ surface dynamisms (volcanoes, earthquakes)
・ interior of the Earth
8) Plate tectonics
9) The diversity of landscapes, and their biological and aesthetic values
To learn about the diversity of species and develop questioning and debate about it
Introduce Darwin and Wallace, and their process on developing evolution theory.
To learn what a fossil species is
To debate and question about natural extinctions, and anthropogenic causes that lead to species’ extinction.
To develop the notion of geologic time.
To explore Earth’s dynamism with atmosphere, surface and interior phenomena.
To explore Plate tectonics (geology science), that explains the importance of geographic barriers for the evolution of species.
To show and study the richness of different landscapes, and their importance.