A. Dysfunctional coping
1) I say to myself “This isn’t real”.
2) I blame myself for things that happened.
3) I say things to let my unpleasant feelings escape.
4) I criticize myself.
5) I give up trying to deal with it.
B. Regenerative coping
1) I try to identify “warning signals” early enough, in order to prevent similar situations.
2) I learn special techniques which help me to remain calm and relaxed in such situations
3) I contemplate, how I can avoid similar situations in the future.
C. Emotional expression
1) I take time to figure out what I’m really feeling.
2) I delve into my feelings to get a thorough understanding of them.
3) I realize that my feelings are valid and important.
4) I acknowledge my emotions.