The interview is a follow up of the completed consent form presented earlier and will take not more than 1 hour. This will be recorded digitally, and responses will be kept confidential. Any information provided will be used in the study without any trace to you or the organisation. You don’t have to discuss anything you don’t want to. Likewise, you can end the interview without you giving a reason. This interview is simple. I will start by asking general questions about your position, responsibility, your work experience and highest qualification. Then I will commence on the specific preventive financial control questions.
General introductory questions.
· Could you mention your position in the school?
· Could you mention your responsibilities in the school?
· How long have you worked in the school?
· Could you mention your highest education level?
Financial mobilization guidelines used in the collection of revenue.
· Using relevant example or examples, could you mention the financial implemented guidelines followed to mobilize funds needed to run the school?
· Could you describe how effective the guidelines mentioned in previous example affect the investment performance of the school?
· As an individual, could you describe how the financial guidelines applied to guide mobilization of funds influenced the investment activities of the school?
Financial regulations for authorization of financial spending in the school.
· Using an example or examples, could you explain the regulations that are followed when authorizing the spending of money on investments undertaken at the school?
· Using an example could you explain the effect of the regulations on the investments undertaken in the school?
· Could you describe challenges in the reported regulations and how best they can be improved or amended?
Segregation of duties in collection of the revenue.
· Could you mention any example or examples of duties carried out in the financial department?
· Could you briefly explain how the duties are divided among the staff in the department?
· How does segregation of financial duties affect realization of what is expected from the investments undertaken in the school?
· Could you mention any possible ways by which desired investment results can be improved through segregation of duties?
Financial reporting guidelines used in the schools when reporting realised revenue.
· Using example or examples, could you describe the financial reporting guidelines used in the school?
· Could you explain how the example mentioned impacts on investment performance of the school?
· How do you think the financial reporting guidelines of the school can be improved?
· What is the general comment on financial controls used in the schools?
Thank you for taking part in this interview.