1) Reduction in time to implement changes in IS.
2) Increase in the robustness of the implemented changes.
3) Benefits from response to internal changes.
a) Increase in efficiency and effectiveness of the existing business processes.
b) Increase in efficiency and effectiveness of information processing.
c) Build spare capacity.
d) Build enhanced capabilities for future use.
e) Maintain the desired levels of service as per the service level agreements for the IS.
f) Enable fast recovery in case of outages to minimize the down time.
4) Benefits from response to organizational changes.
a) IS is aligned to business process requirements at all times.
b) Business processes can change rapidly (in real time).
c) Higher financial benefits to the organization.
5) Benefits from response to environmental changes.
a) Avoid technology obsolescence through provision of needed latest IT/IS solutions.
b) Allow business process innovation through incorporating the latest IS solutions.
c) Protect the IS and the organization against unfavorable licensing terms and vendor induced situations.
d) Allow rapid response to security threats like virus attacks, cyber-attacks, etc.